Welcome to the Gwinnett County Police Foundation website.
The Gwinnett County Police Foundation's purpose is to provide the following charitable and educational services to members of the law enforcement community and the community that we serve. The Foundation qualifies for tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. The purpose of the Foundation is listed below:
- Charitable Assistance to Needy Families. Assistance to members of the law enforcement community who are suffering financial hardship because of death, injury, illness, etc.
- Scholarships. Providing scholarships to children of members of the law enforcement community or to high school graduates seeking a criminal justice/law enforcement career.
- Safety Equipment & Programs. Providing resources for Gwinnett County Police Department equipment and programs (not currently funded through the government budget) that enhance public safety.
- Training/Education. Providing additional/supplemental professional training and education programs to department employees not currently funded through the budget of the police department.
- Community Outreach. Supporting community programs such as the Police Explorers Program and the Citizen Police Academy not currently funded through the budget of the police department.
- Awards and Recognition Program. Supporting and recognizing the valuable community contributions made by members of the police department and community.
The Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides assistance to Gwinnett Police Department Employees or any law enforcement officer, their family, or co-worker in times of need as well as other programs described above in the Purpose. The Foundation Board is currently made up of Gwinnett County Police Department employees that serve a one or two year term on a volunteer basis. The committee members take their duties seriously to provide prudent stewardship to the monies contributed and raised for the Foundation.
The Gwinnett County Police Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that accepts donations from individuals and corporations. Click here to donate. Please see our FAQ section for more information.
For more information about applying for assistance or how the Foundation makes funding decisions please see the FAQ section.
2016 Retirement & Awards Banquet
Congratulations to all of our retirees and award winners!!
Thank you to everyone who helped make the
2016 Banquet a success!!
A special thanks to all the business that graciously donated door prizes or gifts for our festivities!!
Website sponsored by